With over 75,000 wheels stolen each year and countless others unreported, wheel thieves are having a field day stealing expensive wheels from individuals, businesses and car dealership. This is due in part by the following…
Inadequate one-piece wheel lock technologyOver the years, wheel thieves have learned how to exploit the current wheel locks/ ”theft-deterrents” and remove them with very little trouble.
Tools and additional keys designed to remove wheel locksAnyone can go to their local automotive store and purchase a lock removal kit or tool to unlock and remove most, if not all wheel locks. This has been seen in many wheel and brake shops…The customer has lost their key and the shops says “No problem, we can get it off without a key”. This ability to purchase or acquire multiple keys to steal wheels, is not the solution. There are many keys on the streets as well as many options to purchase a lost or stolen key online.The current wheel lock companies only have a limited number of lock and key patterns they produce, which allows basically anyone to get a hold of them and go shopping for any set of wheels they like…
False sense of securityMany people assume that they will not become a victim of wheel theft because of the following:
- They live in a nice neighborhood, (thieves target nice neighborhoods).
- Their car alarm is set to the max sensitivity (an alarm can be disarmed).
- They have a dog (a thief will feed your dog).
- They have a gun, (Chances are the thief will have a gun as well considering they are robbing you).
- They have insurance, (In most cases your going to pay a $500 just to file your claim).
- They have a garage, (thieves can take their time because no one can see them).